Monday, July 23, 2007

Aligned in Right Livelihood..

This week for me I am focusing on drinking in gratitude. Often in life I use a negatively motivated choice to try to create a positive outcome. I love my work, love my job, but am working incessantly too hard at everything I do. Why? Well I don't look at this often enough, I just work. Why? Because it feels better to do something than do nothing but 'feel'. Why? Because I am getting a feeling of accomplishment from the something. I am not sure I get anything from just 'feeling' when my thoughts and dreams are so vivid and dramatically insistent that I must change now, or lose everything.

I can almost hear my dear friend Carol's words now, "Dawn, who's limitations are you carrying?"

The notion of aligning to right livelihood creates an awakening to what you do and the values of working hard to help others on their path to enlightened living.

With distractions and deadlines, interrupts, and reprioritizations, it is easy to fall off course, while we are enjoying a generous security, or income, and thus lose our higher purpose. With a world of abundant opportunity, why do we suffer? It feels remarkable to be feeling connected, appreciated, and using our talents to ease suffering and produce resolve, that we are able to sense from our work environment how we can add value, and find the passion and commitment to do so.

The difference between watching life in a semi-engaged, semi-ready stance, and being fully engaged is one of passion, decision, and vision. Negative emotions like boredom, fear, even insecurity is a choice we make, but it is not the only choice.

What can you do differently today to experience a full connection to your source energy?
  1. Are there areas of your work where you find yourself passively checking out and marking time?
  2. What can you do to create meaning and momentum?
  3. If feeling connective and productive is valued, what actions are you willing to trade to move out of feeling stuck?

Wishing you joy!

Dawn: CEOSpace | Facebook | Frappr | Hi5 | Jobster | Konnects| Lijit | Linked In | MyBlogLog | MySpace | Naymz | Ning | Ryze | Stumble | Tribe | Twitter | Viadeo | Xing | Yahoo

HFCN Social Network Groups: LinkedIn | Ryze | MySpace | Ning | Hi5 | MerchantCircle |
HFCN Yahoo Groups:
Jobs | HR/Recruiters | Telecommuters | LI HFCN | LI2TheSecret | Careers |

No comments: